Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew TopicPoll

»  You're Out There with Winners, It's Good to Be King, Tag: Kindred SWP
Tabitha Halevi
 Posted: May 14 2014, 10:53 PM

Prince of NYC
600+, Kindred

N/A

Tabitha looked around the room, noting the other Primogen in the crowd and taking note of the general lay of the land in the crowds. These were her people, and she knew that she had to deal with them each in turn if so needed, but that was for later. For now, she would focus only on those who came to her directly.

As it was, she spoke with the dancer assassin, got the oath of fealty, then sent the girl on her way. Thus, she was prepared when she found herself approached by a young man in a leather jacket and jeans. She beckoned him forward with a gesture and a smile. "Come young man, come. What is it that you request of me?" The man stepped forward and dropped to one knee before her and mumbled out a response, causing her to lean forward. Her earlier caution temporarily forgotten at her desire to hear what the man had said to her. "I'm sorry, childe, but I cannot hear you. I'm afraid our entertainment is a tad loud. You need to speak up."

The man did not lift his head from his supplicant's position and murmured again, slightly louder but still too quiet to be easily heard. Tabitha was clearly growing annoyed. "Stand. I order you, as your Prince, to stand and speak clearly. What is it that you need?" At that, the man stood slowly, looking her directly in the eye and revealing the large and fresh gash across his face. He stared forward, looking vaguely at her throat as he avoided her gaze with his glassy eyes. "I said that I come before you requesting aid. There is a great evil awakening in this city, and I fear it will destroy us all..."

At those ominous words, the man's hand swiftly darted to his belt where he revealed a weapon at his belt. He was reaching for it, but his motive was still unclear. Tabitha only then noticed how off-balance and poorly defended she was at the moment. Her guards immediately started to charge towards the man, but they seemed sluggish at the man's alarming speed. He drew the long and twisted looking dagger and charged forward towards Tabitha's wide eyed and shocked face...
PMEmail
^
Ellis Donoghue
 Posted: May 16 2014, 01:44 AM

Ventrue Bookie
106, Kindred

N/A

There was some odd fidgeting on the other Kindred's part, which helped seal Ellis' initial impression that he was newly turned. Or perhaps not, perhaps he was simply unaccustomed to how one should carry themselves in situations such as this. Not that it truly mattered, Ellis wasn't here to write a psych profile for every party guest he happened to strike up a conversation with, no he was here soley for the latter, and so talk he did.

"Hmm, true." He nodded, noting the man's wandering gaze as it sized him up but paying it no mind. After all, he had done the same from across the room a moment ago. "I suppose we aren't the only ones battling the beast, so to speak." He paused, glancing over towards the Prince as he trailed off, though what significance that held, if any, was up for debate. Ellis watched as another brown-noser mosied up to the throne, so to speak, though he lost interest as the man bowed down on one knee. "But you have to admit, we--"

Whatever was meant to follow was cut short as the sight of sudden movement caught his attention and Ellis glanced once again towards the Prince, or more specifically, towards the bodyguards around her who were suddenly charging forward. "Oh now, what's this?" he muttered, mostly to himself, one hand coming up to adjust his glasses-- an old habit that hadn't died with him-- as he tried to see just what was causing all the commotion.

And then he caught it, a glimmer of silver as the man who had bowed before the Prince dashed forward. That was... unexpected. Ellis found himself shooting Ayden the quickest of glances before focusing his attention back towards the Prince. This should be interesting.
PMEmail
^
Lazarus Fenwick
 Posted: May 17 2014, 01:53 AM

Tremere Eccentric
40, Kindred

N/A

Ellis was of course, half right in both regards. Lazarus was in comparison to most of these kindred a child, and he didn't know how to deal with them directly. However his time as the undead wasn't so short that he was immensely uncomfortable with the static nature of his condition and he wasn't exactly unfamiliar with self important people playing poltics. It was just getting to know the changes to the 'game' so to speak felt daunting. But he felt as though he'd do fine for himself after awhile.

After all, he had a lifetime to get used to the Order. It seemed now he had an eternity to get used to these people- a term he'd use lightly to say the least. But this one was trying so that was to his merit. So while Lazarus was well aware he couldn't trust the vampire further then he could throw him, he smiled his way deeming him safe enough to keep in his presence, because for now it was keeping that woman away. "Hubris just comes with sentience." It was everyone's problem, no beast required, though that he was finding was its own concern.

That dangling sentence wasn't lost Lazarus, he turned his attention to the same thing that Ellis was looking at in a near instant, watching the scene unfold cautiously- because it didn't take familiarity to a species to know that something was up. "It doesn't look good does it?" An idle observation, one that seemed to be the case as a would-be assassin turned their attention on the woman who claimed herself to be the Prince.
PMEmail
^
Elaine Evelyn Wentwick
 Posted: May 22 2014, 04:19 PM

Malkavian
N/A, Kindred

N/A

Oh, how very wrong she was. There were fibres being pulled that no percussionist could have seen, hammers flailing in the gloom with no hope of ever stroking those silver threads - the sickles and the axes, all slicing away at nothing, chopping apart the air, growing ever closer until the final nights - the nights which would not accept explanation or quantification, when it would all tumble down. "Scared? Look at her. Skin, pale. She tastes of fear. It hangs in the air here, it comes off all of you; you're all just as scared as each other. I have lots of sights, old one, I can see the sins in your past and the time you've yet to walk, and sometimes the time speaks to me. At other times, I speak to it. Just a moment."

Something caught Elaine's attention, a spark, a mote, the source hidden to Elaine, wrapped up in the light - it frustrated Elaine, teased her as it went past, bobbed up and down in the imperceptible stream and all at once all of her selves and the others and the ones not there at all roared in fury, as though the Beast itself was behind each of their masks - what if it was? Gracious, they might be. Even if they weren't, they would be. We must drown them, drown them, drown them again and again and again and again and again - ah! There it was! It folded out before Elaine's minds like a cooperative birthday present - but it came with a caveat.

"Oh, how I wish I could show you how many faces the worlds coming to meet you have, but none of us are ready for that. When the voices are willing to untangle the Web, then perhaps I will lend you our curse. I must wonder, however," continued the Loon, leaning in to whisper into the Elder's ear, "what we might get for our pound of flesh. A hospital, yes. I want to rule a kingdom of the pestilent. Perhaps you'd like to hear what I plan to do? Hmm, please let me tell you!" A childish giggle split Elaine's lips as she sat on her knees next to the elder, leaning against her leg. "I promise I'll be foul."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ayden Bates
 Posted: Jun 4 2014, 01:01 AM

Ventrue Primogen & Rival to the Throne
401, Kindred

N/A

Ayden sat in his corner, noting that the young man had grown silent for the moment. Perhaps the weight of who he was speaking with was holding his tongue. Maybe it was something else. No matter, given time, all would fall into place. Instead, he looked out at the crowd, meeting his lackey's gaze from across the room. Yes, something was happening, and none of it was a surprise to the Ventrue Elder, just as he assumed the young man had guessed.

With a contented and closely guarded expression, Ayden looked across the room at the self-proclaimed Prince and what was happening before her. He did not seem overly surprised, but he silently thanked God for the centuries he had lived and how they had dulled his emotions. His expression seemed satisfied, but it was far from clear if this was something he had predicted or something he had arranged. An assassin? Here? Well, what did anyone expect? It was standard practice amongst Kindred politics, was it not...?
PMEmail
^
Emilie Lemieux
 Posted: Jun 4 2014, 01:03 AM

Tremere Primogen
397, Kindred

N/A

Emilie smiled down at Elain with an amused grin. "Pale skin? In this place that practically counts as your invitation to enter..." She chuckled lightly into her hand at the very thought of pale skin alone being an indicator of anything. "Though you clearly see something beyond the surface. Interesting. You say that everyone tastes of fear to you?" She paused and seemed to think deeply for a moment. "I cannot say you are wrong. We stand upon the precipice of a new paradigm, don't we? To not be wary of change is as much in the nature of the Kindred as wane complexion. We are creatures of habit, so stubbornly clinging to our expectations that even death could not leave a lasting impact. Change makes us nervous, as it should, shouldn't it?" She shrugged dismissively, while silently filing the girl's comments away for future consideration as she continued. "You claim to see much, even things that I myself have buried away. Even the future, you say? I would love to hear more of what you claim to have seen...

As Elaine's gaze drifted away from the conversation at hand, Emilie followed with her eyes. Looking out over the crowd and trying to see what the young Malkavian saw, when she didn't see anything surprising she glanced back at the other Kindred. "We are not ready? I am not ready?" She let out a small and vaguely condescending laugh. "No offense, girl, but I was delving into forbidden secrets of this world before you were in diapers. Knowledge, of any sort, is a tool. Even if it cannot be used safely now, it can be set aside until its purpose can be fulfilled." Then, as the girl leaned in conspiratorially, Emilie could only grin. This sort of thing was closer to her wheelhouse. "Tell me all you will, childe. If your words are intriguing enough, well, we shall see what can be done..." And how Emilie could use this...

Before she could think further on the matter at hand, Emilie noticed the tone of the room was growing tense and swift glance around was enough to point her at why, as nearly every eye in the room was turning to watch the dais. When she noticed what was occuring near the Prince, Emilie could not restrain herself from standing up reflexively. Her instincts were at war. Part of her wished to charge the dais and defend the Prince, and thus defend her claim of support for the new order. Meanwhile, another part of her, who remembers a scant few months ago when the old way of things still held sway, wanted to cheer on the assassin and simply watch the ensuing bloodbath. That hesitation was enough to keep her locked in place, for now...
PMEmail
^
Tabitha Halevi
 Posted: Jun 4 2014, 01:04 AM

Prince of NYC
600+, Kindred

N/A

Tabitha was already leaping to her feet as the assassin charged her, but she could tell that she was slow. She silently cursed herself for allowing herself to grow so lax in her defenses, for not seeing this before it happened. Now was not the time for such self admonishment however, that could come later, for now was the time for survival.

She ducked low, attempting to avoid the terrible and dripping blade, but she was too slow. Rather than embedding itself in her heart, the blade instead sunk into her shoulder with a meaty squish as it pushed aside her aged flesh. She let out a terrible and wreching scream of pain, which quickly transformed into a howl of anger. This lowly creature had harmed her flesh. Worse, he had caused her pain unlike anything she had experienced in centuries. Already, she could feel the Beast howling and struggling against its chains within her soul. She leaned down and bowled intot he man with a near-feral growl, driving her unharmed shoulder into his sternum and forcing him back.

As the assassin stumbled back, already righting himself and drawing other viciously stained dagger, he fell into an aggressively offensive stance and readied himself for another charge. With a roar, Tabitha pumped blood into her extremities to match the man's enhanced speed as she viciously tore the blade from her shoulder. Blood flew free from the wound and she could feel that the blood was still fresh and flowing, that the wound was not closing. Worrisome, indeed.

Tabitha waved a hand towards her guards, wordlessly telling them to stand back. They would only get in the way. Not to mention the slowly fading rational part of her mind reminded her that to rely too much on her guards would only make her seem weak, and a weak Prince could not long hold the position. No, this interloper was hers to deal with. She charged towards the man, her arms twisting into terrible and dark claws as she engaged the man.

The assassin to his credit did not take her attack lightly, immediately bringing his blade to bear to block her claws. With a smile, he twisted each block ever so slightly, digging the blade into her fingers and drawing blood. He seemed so self assured and confident in his actions, as if this were the entire reason for existing. "Bleed, bitch..." Then he slashed forward, taking the offensive. He pressed his attack until Tabitha, desperately avoiding his attacks, stumbled and fell on her ass without grace. He stood over her, bringing his blade high for a vicious stab right into her chest. "Now, die!"

Tabitha brought her hands up to defend herself, looking on the surface to be staring her Final Death in the face. However, her eyes had glazed over with a pure and inky blackness. The truly perceptive would even see the small grin on her face that belied the truth of this superspeed combat that seemed to be going so far against her...
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ReplyNew TopicPoll

Tabbed sidebar code by Kismet @ RPG-D, skin elements by Obliviousally @ The Sintax