»  darkkenchild's Plot Page, Enlightened | Garou | Imbued | Kindred
darkkenchild
 Posted: Nov 10 2013, 03:14 PM

Enlightened Hippie
27, Admin

Douglas Blackwood
user posted image
38 | Single | Innocent | Imbued

Success goes to the man with the plan, and Douglas is that man. Douglas's specific goals are shrouded in mystery, but whatever it is he will do whatever it takes to achieve it. He acts friendly and approaches others with respect and a positive attitude. Logic and reasoning brings down barriers and he will do whatever it takes to reach a fair compromise. Behind closed doors, however, Doug is up to something…

Friends- While he would never call anyone a friend, Doug is more than happy to allow others to entertain the idea that he is a friend. Doug’s tendency to approach everyone with respect and propriety leads many to honestly believing his claims to be looking out for their interests in addition to his own and he seems extremely trustworthy. This is all the result of a carefully crafted persona, though Douglas has been known to wonder where the line between falsehoods and reality truly lies; after all, if one fakes caring long enough is there truly a difference between that and true affection?

Enemies- On the surface, Doug seems like the sort who wouldn’t have enemies, due to his generally inoffensive nature. However, there is no shortage of people who believe themselves to have been slighted by his actions, both in the light of day and dark of night. Additionally, his actions against supernaturals have left a trail of broken deals, dead associates, and malicious threats; though he goes to great lengths to prevent evidence from leading back to him, if anyone had the determination to dig deep enough they could discover this fact and instantly earn his ire as he tries to silence them before his reputation were to be at risk.

Romantic Inklings- Doug is only human, though he rarely admits it to himself, let alone others. Thus, he does have certain biological needs and imperitives, but the idea of romance is far from his mind. Romance is often a useless waste of time, but marriage was expected of him almost from birth, so the idea is far from foreign to him. Ideally, this union would prove useful to him and the woman would have to be tolerably compatabile of course...

Ashley Davis
user posted image
35 | Divorced | Lost Cub | Garou

Ashley had her life well sorted. She had a good job, one that she loved no less. She had goals, to uncover the dying bits of Lenape culture. She had a thriving social life. Sure, there were issues, mostly her failed marriage, but even that was amiable all things considered. Sadly, an enormous monkey-wrench has been thrown into the mix. Apparently she's a werewolf and has been conscripted into some sort of cosmic war to save the world. So much for well sorted...

Friends- Ash (as she's known to her friends) is a friendly sort, but slow to forge a true friendship. Friends have to be funny, intelligent, and willing to put up with her own eccentricities. Anyone willing to put up with her and isn't a total blockhead, given time, could easily earn her trust and frienship.

Enemies- Beyond academic rivalries, Ashley doesn't really consider anyone an enemy. Of course, now that she finds herself swept up into Garou culture, that is likely to change.

Romantic Inklings- Ashley isn't really interested in romance at the moment, the divorce is still too fresh and raw. That said, any man who shows himself to be of upstanding character and is willing to move slowly through a relationship could attract her attention. As it is, however, that will be an uphill battle to say the least...

Vaai Fa'atsi
user posted image
24 | Single | Children of Gaia | Garou

Affable and amiable, Vaai Fa'atsi often seems like an enigma to his fellow Garou. The Rage is weak in his heart and he truly seems to care about the health and well being of every living creature he meets. Even the most ancient enemies of the Garou are given the beneift of the doubt when Fa'atsi is in the room; after all, given the right circumstances an avowed enemy can become the fastest of friends. Slow to act, long to think, gentle in judgement, and living in a permanent "island time" Fa'atsi can be frustrating to more proactive and hotheaded amongst his people, but he does not care. Cooler heads will never prevail if no one can keep a cool head...

Friends- Fa'atsi loves and respects every living soul in this world. Everyone is seen as a potential friend or ally, only being seen as dangerous or a threat once the individual in question proves themselves worthy of such a dark label. Even then, Fa'atsi is quick to forgive, if not to trust, and will give fair consideration to any that show true repentance. This seems naive to many, and Fa'atsi does not deny the label, but he feels that everyone deserves a second chance, and a third, and a fourth....

Enemies- Fa'atsi has few enemies. With his near infinite patience and capacity for forgiveness, only the darkest and cruelest souls who prey upon others without resmorse are seen as vaillains in his eyes. That does not mean that others do not find Fa'atsi's optimism and slow actions frustrating, resulting in some amongst the Garou looking down on him or seening him as a liability.

Romantic Inklings- Fa'atsi knows that it is his duty to find a mate and help continue the existence of his species, and it is a thought that does not concern him either way. Someday he will find a wonderful woman, a woman who will take his breath away and cause the world itself to melt away to insignificance when he stands in her presence. She will be kind and calm, funny and understanding, generous and gentle, she will be the sun to brighten his day and the moon to guide him through his nights; to say that Fa'atsi has romantic notions of romance are to be responsible for a gross understatement. That said, however, Fa'atsi has not found this woman and knows that for a hunter to crash recklessly through the underbrush will scare away prey and innocents alike. Mother Gaia will guide him to his future, all must happen as it will...

Abigail Ross
user posted image
23 | Single | Poltergeist | Risen

Abby used to be a content young Kindergarten teacher, but that was before she was murdered and her body abandoned in an alley. Sure, it looked like a mugging, but the scattered memories that she has been able to piece together since her death and return seem to point to something darker. Now, she seeks vengeance and hopes to live her life. Or at least live a life of some sort. As they say, you can never go home again...

Friends- Abby is an amiable sort, caring and compassionate. She loves people, though the older they get the less respect she has for their loss of innocence and wonder. The only sorts that she truly would not consider a friend is anyone who acheives their goals at the expense of others.

Enemies- Other than semi-friendly rivalries, Abby didn't used to have anyone she would consider an enemy. That ended the day her life ended. Now, she is almost consumed by her hatred of the man who murdered her. She doesn't know who he is, but she'll find out eventually. Anyone who stands in her way or otherwise hinders her vengeance is 'clearly in league with the monster and deserving of the worst sorts of fate.'

Romantic Inklings- Not interested. She used to be engaged, but she can never go back to him given her current state of undeath. Since then, she isn't interested in any such entanglements.

David Vrotos
user posted image
23 | Single | Black Furies | Kinfolk

David is three things, in order of priority: First, he is an Orinthology student first. He aims to someday be a world renowned bird expert, and nothing will stop him from achieving this goal. Second, he is a workaday coffee shop manager. He hates his job, but when he is on the clock he takes his role seriously. Third, he is kinfolk to the Black Furies. He takes his duties to the Garou seriously, but he does not let his familial ties dominate his life. Unless his mother is visiting of course, in which case he does everything he can to convince her that his role as Kinfolk is the most important part of his life and the other roles he takes on are solely to support the Garou Nation...

Friends- David is a bit of a shut in. When he isn't studying or working, he mostly just stays at home and entertains himself with his hobbies. Rarely, those few friends he does have tend to drag him out to socialize at least once a week, though he tends to be a bit of a wallflower even then. He does value his friendships, though, and those that earn his trust will find him a powerfully loyal companion who will do anything to help them.

Enemies- David doesn't really hold grudges and he lives a fairly subdued life, as such he has no enemies to speak of.

Romantic Inklings- David is in love, but he lacks the confidence to truly make a move to approach her about such. She likely already knows about his feelings, and he knows this. Nonetheless, he is still too uncertain to do anything about it, and until he does there is likely little to happen as she is unlikely to make the first move.
PMAIM
^
Harley Bishop
 Posted: Nov 25 2013, 12:26 PM

INACTIVE
29, INACTIVE

I can see Eustace and Harley getting on famously. I imagine there'll be a snarky attitude-off at first, but they have a lot in common. Harley has contacts within the London chapter of the Hollow Ones, so there's a possible connection there. Maybe she's made a few calls back home and he's been recommended as a potential ally in NYC. Lemme know what you think. smile.gif
PM
^
Eustace Hoogaboom
 Posted: Nov 25 2013, 01:00 PM

INACTIVE
22, INACTIVE

N/A

I would love to have another thread to throw Eustace into (as the one he's in already is semi-defunct/delayed)>. As for how to justify it... He is certainly a known entity amongst the Hollow Ones and the Hermetics (by dint of his adoptive father). However, I'll be quite honest... I have my doubts that other Hollowers would recommend contacting Eustace, outside of an emergency. He's positively acidic and definitely an acquired taste that many of his own Tradition avoids if they can.

He has tons of respect for anyone who can match his "witty repartee" shot for shot. Especially if they prove thick skinned enough to take it as well as they dish it out. As for where they could meet... Well that depends on how exactly she hears about him. The most direct (and potentially most entertaining/bizarre) would be if she found his apartment, either via the Hollowers or from someone at the local Chantry (where he is known, if not totally welcome). Otherwise, the best place to catch him is between his classes at NYU or hanging out at some trendy dive or microbrewery.

Additionally, if you're ever interested in meeting with Douglas, I think he'd simply love to chat with an Enlightened which isn't his asshole neighbor. He would meet any snark from her with dry wit and sarcasm, but he would be more interested in learning about her personal experiences than anything threatening unless she proved to be, say a criminal or a true monster. Even then he would simply drop her name and description in the path of a more martially inclined individual and leave it at that. He's "writing a book, you see.... No names, of course, total discretion is key..."

Either way, let me know and we can get a thread or two going from here. happy.gif
PM
^
Harley Bishop
 Posted: Nov 25 2013, 01:22 PM

INACTIVE
29, INACTIVE

I love the idea of the Douglas thread! Definitely have to keep that in the chamber.

As for Eustace, yes, I think they could have an alarming amount of witty banter. Sooo I'm thinking, Harley has been tasked with hunting down a mage suspected of turning Nephandi, a former member of the Hollow Ones, someone Eustace might know something about. She arrives at one of his usual haunts to buy him a drink and get some info?
PM
^
Eustace Hoogaboom
 Posted: Nov 25 2013, 01:44 PM

INACTIVE
22, INACTIVE

N/A

Yeah, I think that could work. He's mostly been hanging around at the "trendy" pubs and such in Brooklyn and the Bronx, more the latter than the former. There are less crowds and more "real people" than in Manhattan, you know? If you wanted to start the thread somewhere, I can jump in later today or tomorrow. Otherwise, I can start it a bit later too. The only thing left to figure out is whether she contacted him ahead of time or not, i.e. if he's expecting her or if she comes out of nowhere.

As for Douglas, just let me know. I'm always down to play Doug.
PM
^
Michael Martin
 Posted: Nov 26 2013, 05:43 PM

Captain Sunshine
25, Enlightened

Douglas and Michael - Michael tends to be a very suspicious individual but I think it would be interesting if he bought into the whole "I'm Douglas and only have humanities best interests at heart" routine. Maybe Douglas wants to purchase some upgraded equipment or needs some back up for a battle with some supernaturals. Either way let me know. I think they would get along fairly well so long as Michael didn't realize he was being used.

Eustace and Michael - I think we are already working this stuff out but for the record, I would like to say that they would make fairly decent reluctant friends. Michael might give him crap for being a hipster, Eustace might try his best to get under Michael's skin, but the simple fact is that Michael is always going to be around to lend a hand when it's needed. Maybe with some less than subtle attempts at getting Eustace to Church on occasion.

Virginia and Michael - So, Michael isn't a fan of Kindred under the best of circumstances, naturally, if he caught wind of one operating anywhere near Brooklyn he would go out of his way to track them down and put them in the ground permanently. So you can imagine how he would feel about the Nightstalker herself. He would probably make a special trip just for her. Naturally, I'm not expecting him to win, or even do particularly well, so if you want to toss an enlightened around for awhile just let me know.
PM
^
darkkenchild
 Posted: Dec 3 2013, 10:16 PM

Enlightened Hippie
27, Admin

Douglas and Michael - Douglas isn't the sort to be interested in equipment, for the most part. The few bits of "hunting" equipment he uses are more akin to surveillance equipment, recording devices, and similar such devices. That said, though, while he works on researching supernaturals he is bound to come across a bad apple here and there, the sort that simply cannot be allowed to live. As Douglas isn't the martial sort, he's far more likely to "encourage" others to deal with it instead, mostly by dropping hints and the like. Douglas in particular likes to meet and greet supernatural sorts, both to learn as much as possible from them (a difficult task, as most aren't likely to open up about their less-than-mortal activities); if they're the sort that he can send after the bad types though, win-win. If they succeed, then he has more information for his research and there's one less problem to worry about. If they fail, well there's one less creature lurking in the shadows either way and even then there's more info to study either way too. In the short term, we could do a meet-and-greet style thread wherein Douglas takes note of Michael; possibly through the avenue of his occult bookshop. Feel free to let me know if you'd want to do that sometime, or if you wanted to do it somewhere else.

Eustace and Michael - Yeah, we have something going on already, but to address the points you bring up here: Eustace is actually a fairly friendly and loyal sort, at least with those who are willing to put up with him and he knows that he very well might need some help sooner or later (with some of the plots us mods have cooking, sooner more than later). As for going to church... Well, Eustace wouldn't likely take him up on that, but it would probably give him fond memories of his adoptive mother, who's a very religious sort. If anything, even the attempt would potentially endear Michael to the moody hipster.

Virginia and Michael -
Virginia's a lurker, and she knows that there's plenty of types out there who want her dead; whether for her very undead nature or for her less-than-savory actions, doesn't matter. As such, she's very careful to keep any evidence she leaves behind from leading back to her directly. Granted, her compulsion to build her 'legend' means that she probably leaves more evidence than she should... Either way, anyone who could prove a threat catching her scent would attract her attention quite quickly. We could have a fun little game of cat and also cat through the streets sometime. She likely wouldn't push for Michael's death, of course, just wanting to scare him enough to back off. Outright killing of a hunter, particularly if she caught a hint that he was more than human, would strike her as a bad idea. After all, dead friends become martyrs to their companions. Better to spook them enough (but not too much, that can backfire too) to stop seeking her out directly. It's a delicate balance, and one she's quite familiar with already. Could be a lot of fun. Let me know when you want to go ahead with it and I'll be there.
PMAIM
^
Dido Fenty
 Posted: Dec 21 2013, 02:29 AM

INACTIVE
24, INACTIVE

N/A

Amir & Dido - Not exactly sure how these two would end up meeting. He could've heard about the fiasco with Queen's Cosmetics, but I doubt he's a man that cares about celebrity gossip. There's a possibility that they could've met around the city, but I don't think either one would immediately jump to wanting make friends.

Vaai & Dido - He's so friendly! Ah, I'd like to think that Dido would be distant, as she is with most people, towards him first, but I think these two can have pretty decent conversations. (If she becomes friends with Tiana, she might naively try to pair the two).

(I actually have more ideas for your other characters, but my mind is everywhere now, sorry T_T)
PM
^
darkkenchild
 Posted: Dec 21 2013, 02:39 AM

Enlightened Hippie
27, Admin

Amir and Dido - No, Amir is unlikely to care much for American Celebrity gossip. He idly toyed with the interpretation of celebrities of as American Royalty, but he has long since dismissed the notion. Clearly, there are similarites, but they are few and far between. He is always interested in learning more about hos America "ticks," though. So if she were to ever show up in a museum or at a significant monument she may encounter Amir as he tries to comprehend how this strange society works...

Vaai and Dido - Vaai is much more likely to hit it off with Dido, just by dint of the fact that he is so open and friendly to nearly anyone he meets. I am having some difficulty thinking of a common ground for the two to have, but if she ever wanders through Central Park or near an NYU hang-out she might come across him. She would most likely have to initiate the conversation, though, as he is still unsure enough about New York and its people to simply introduce himself to someone he does not know.
PMAIM
^
David Miles
 Posted: Dec 31 2013, 07:37 AM

Inept Hunter
25, Mortal

N/A

David and Douglas

I’m a hunter, you’re a hunter, this should just work out for us! Although David’s not imbued, he’s good with numbers, good with tracking things down and believes that discretion is a virtue. If he needs another set of hands to help with his goals and that just so happens to mean less monsters hurting innocent people then David’s willing to be that set of hands.

David and Vaai

Once he gets over the rage David would get along with splendidly with Vaai. Considering the normal personality type that his occupation brings someone like Vaai would be a godsend. Of course meeting in the first place would be the trick; David usually follows trouble around, although he’s no stranger to internet cafes and cafes in general where university students might reside.

David and Eustace

There are two ways David and Ustace could meet; either at a coffee store in the wild of New York or one of those “burn the witch” types takes exception to David’s “live and let live” lifestyle and try to force the issue.

David and David

Coffee shop manager? Well it’s not tea but it’ll have to do.
PM
^
Isaiah Brauner
 Posted: Jan 2 2014, 08:16 PM

INACTIVE
24, INACTIVE

Hey!

So, I think that Kitten and Jordan really ought to meet biggrin.gif I'm sure they might bump into each other in a nightclub perhaps, with Kitten trying to make friends. She is just a poor little lost drag queen in need of a family <3

Sound good? Let me know if you have any details to add or another idea etc
PMAIM
^
darkkenchild
 Posted: Jan 2 2014, 11:56 PM

Enlightened Hippie
27, Admin

Sorry for the delay responding to these. To save space, I'm just gonna respond to both of you in one post here. If you want to follow up and/or add ideas to any of these potential hooks, let me know and we can hash things out further!

Douglas and David - Douglas admittedly does not deal with other Hunters overmuch, his research is something he mostly does solo. However, as you mentioned, Douglas also often finds targets who cannot be reasoned with, cannot be trusted to deal, or simply cannot be allowed to live. In these cases, it is his standard motive to reach out to others who hunt for support. He is fairly hands off, so he is more likely to send them after someone while he watches from the sidelines, but he does know his own limitations. On a less "hunt" related note, he is always one for networking and his position as a co-owner of an occult bookstore (with some books of accurate knowledge and real occultism), Douglas is a valuable resource to other hunters. After all, it is how he meets most of those hunters he calls out to for help. Even if David isn't directly called out by Douglas, it is quite likely they could cross paths if David needs help figuring something out for his own purposes.

Vaai and David - Vaai gets along with just about everyone, and I doubt David would be an exception if the mortal could get over the Curse (though with Vaai's combination of high Willpower, high Gnosis, (relatively) low Rage, and general demeanor the Curse is a tad muted by Garou standards (though not absent). Vaai does not tend to linger overlong in cafes, but he has been known to follow his friends and acquaintences to such places, so meeting there could be possible. Otherwise, the other most likely place is probably Central Park. Even outside the Sept proper, Vaai tends to hang around the park at large. He feels more comfortable there, where the sounds of the city are somewhat muted. If David ever wandered through the park, its possible he could run into the large Samoan.

Eustace and David - Eustace isn't likely to have come across most agressive hunters, since he tends to keep a low profile in supernatural terms. However, if he did ever run afoul the type, he's more likely to bolt than face them directly. Self-preservation and all. He does spend a lot of time in coffee shops, though, so that's not at all unlikely a place for the two to interact. Either way, Eustace tends to have a somewhat acidic demeanor towards those he doesn't already know; biting sarcasm and nasty jokes being the norm. If David could get past the nasty words of the young mage, they could strike up an accord of sorts.

David Squared - The Davids are, as you noted, most likely to run into each other in the shop where Mr. Vrotos works. I'm not really sure what they'd have to say to each other, but if the topic of the weirdness of their respective lives were to come up they could probably exchange stories (carefully edited so neither gives away too much) about the bizarre lives they live.

Jordan and Isiah - Jordan's a sweet "young" woman who remembers what it can be like to be a young queen without a home. So, she's likely to find a soft spot for Isaiah if she were to meet the younger ladyboy. You are probably right, they are probably most likely to meet at a show. Whether backstage if they're both in the show itself, or out on the dance floor before/after the night's events, Jordan would likely be more than willing to take her under her wing. Of course, Jordan would loathe the term "Mama." She's far to young (Lies!) for that, you see... Let me know where you'd like a thread and I'd be more than willing to jump in and/or start a thread for them to run into each other.
PMAIM
^
Isaiah Brauner
 Posted: Jan 3 2014, 07:37 AM

INACTIVE
24, INACTIVE

Well I know there was talk of a gay club in Queens, so if it hasn't come into creation yet then maybe just the open forum of Queens for now?

I'd be happy to start a thread but I have work here soon so it would be after that. You may end up being online and posting before that so let us just call it whoever gets there first? smile.gif
PMAIM
^
darkkenchild
 Posted: Mar 9 2014, 02:50 AM

Enlightened Hippie
27, Admin

Finally added Lucy, Ashley, and Abby!
PMAIM
^
Whina Hayward
 Posted: May 12 2014, 10:22 PM

Uktena Kinfolk
29, Mortal

N/A

Fa'atsi & Whina: Whina is always happy to meet another islander, it's like finding a bit of home in a foreign country. The Polynesian languages, springing from the same roots, have a great deal in common and still share many cognate words as well as cultural similarities. Whina herself is a mutt; Maori, Hawaiian, English, and possibly a bit of something else. But unlike Fa'atsi she grew up very much immersed in the 'modern' world. They'd probably hit it off famously.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ReplyNew TopicPoll

Tabbed sidebar code by Kismet @ RPG-D, skin elements by Obliviousally @ The Sintax